The bit in the bottom left corner is what I’ve actually embroidered so far – not much I know, but I only started the actual embroidery on Saturday evening.
Tonight I covered the initial trace I made with white dress maker’s tracing paper with colour. The white started to fade from the handling – hope the pastels I used will last a bit longer.
The seat that definitely needs a cover! Made it a while ago with not many tools other than a jigsaw a hammer and some nails – now I know better, but I’m not taking the seat apart – better to just cover it, and yes, I will be putting batting or some kind of sponge on it before I fasten the embroidery over it!
The chair – used to stand in my mom’s bedroom for many moons. Painted white, as usual. I de-painted it, did a bit of sanding and gave it a coat of clear varnish – now it’s a beauty for for a palace! Well, it would be once the seat cover is on 🙂
Th initial design. I drew it on a sheet of graphics paper, but then I realised that the blocks on the paper were not small enough for the cloth I’m using. That’s why I drew the design onto the cloth direct. As it progresses, you will see how the coloured lines disappear.
Today, during lunch time, I actually sat in the car, tunes on the radio, sun shining outside, and did quite a bit of stitching – beats moping any day of the week!!
Hope your Monday got off to a good start and that the week will follow suit.
May you always find shade for your head and water for your table.
And because I’m not quite ready for love songs and the accompanying emotions, a few Muse tunes. Loud, a bit obnoxious, in your face, mindless. Just what I need now.